Sunday, April 8, 2012

Retail Therapy


According to some friends and some trusted sources, unless you are a size 4 or have teeny feet it is difficult to find shoes and clothing in China. 

So

For the first half of Spring Break my mother and lifelong style consultant, Pat Ahrens, and I road tripped to Atlanta. 

Mom and I at Nordstrom's Rack!  SO MANY SHOES!


Shopping with my Mom is always a great experience.  She always seems to know which stores to hit, and carries coupons, shopping passes and discount cards that save us mucho dinero.  She is also not shy about not letting me know if something looks awful.  When shopping with Mom, I always feel like Julia Roberts during the shopping montage of Pretty Woman.

After spending the GDP of a small country in Macy’s, Nordstrom, Belk and Bloomingdales, I am officially outfitted for my first year in China.