Sunday, April 12, 2015

What’s Up?

So Chris and I played a dirty, yet oddly effective AprilFool’s day joke on y’all.  We told everyone we were heading to Sweden so Chris could be a Swedish Fish farmer.  Eight days later, we were still getting messages of support and love so we decided to come clean by letting everyone know our future plans.

So…where are we headed after Shanghai?

I don’t know.

What I do know is last December, Chris’ company extended his assignment for another year, so we have every intention of staying in Shanghai until the summer of 2016.  (I was THRILLED with this news!  There are so many things I want to see and do before relocating.)

Our final year in China will more than likely be a transition and travel year. With his boss’ blessing, Chris will keep his eye on other assignments within the company and I will more than likely keep teaching at my current school.  (I will negotiate my contract this Thursday.)

I have so many things I want to teach these kids before I leave. The thought of saying goodbye breaks my heart.
This also means I will have an encore year for An American Girl in Shanghai! 


I thank everyone so much for your encouragement, and can’t wait to share our stories while we transition to the next chapter of our lives.   Stay tuned for more adventures!
I am so happy to keep calling Shanghai my eastern home for one more year.  There is more fun to come!