Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Next Chapter

As much as we love Shanghai, we knew that Chris’ position would only be a three-year gig. We are nearing the end of our time here, and many people are asking,

            “So what are you going to do after Shanghai?  Where will you live?”

After lots of long conversations with Chris and weighing all our options, we finally have an answer. 

Chris and I aren’t quite ready to return to the US, so we’ve decided to continue our adventure in Europe.  We’re picking up our bags and are heading to Stockholm, Sweden.

Chris has always been a fishing enthusiast, so he has accepted a position at a Swedish Fish Farm.  That’s right, my lovely husband is following his dreams of being an angler in Stockholm.

Here's a peek at our future.
When he first shared his idea of leaving the engineering profession, I said,

            “Holy Mackerel!  I had no idea you were so passionate about fishing!”  

He replied,

            “I want to do this just for the Halibut.”

What will I do?  I’m not sure.  Either I’ll keep teaching English, or I’ll join an Abba tribute band.  How long will we live there?  We anticipate staying there for three years.


I don’t know much, but I do know I’ll keep posting our adventures online at An American Girl in Sweden!