Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy Holidays and 新年快乐!


I don’t know how it happened, but the holidays are almost over and I still haven’t sent a Christmas card.  (Truth be told, after 2.5 years in Shanghai I haven’t mailed anything internationally.)  So before the clock strikes 12:00, I thought I would share some of the highlights of our holiday season.


We started off our holiday season with new and old friends at Lao Beijing for "Ducksgiving".
Chris and I returned to Lao Beijing on Thanksgiving day.  I was lucky enough to have duck twice in one week!

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we tested the capacity of our apartment at our Friendsgiving.  Our night of incredible food and Cards Against Humanity was a blast!
After Thanksgiving, we got in the holiday spirit by visiting a few Christmas markets.  Paulaner Fenyang Lu was PACKED!
I also had a great time participating in a 25 Days of Christmas photo challenge. A few of my kiddos helped me out by dressing up as elves. 

We enjoyed some Feuerzangenbowle with some German friends,

and had some white elephant fun with work friends!  I also fell in love with the selfie stick.

The four course French dinner was a HUGE improvement over last year's company party. 
I visited my Christmas past and shared the fabulous popsicle stick ornament tradition with my kids.
Chris reprised his role as Santa's special helper.   
The first and second grade students were so excited to get candy from Santa.  They swarmed him and knocked him on his back!  Fortunately, no kiddos were hurt and there were no wardrobe malfunctions.

After our Christmas excitement, we settled down and planned for 2015. 

It has been a fun, crazy, and exciting year and I anticipate many more adventures in 2015.  On behalf of Chris, Leia, Ditka, and this American Girl in Shanghai, happy holidays and best wishes for a 2015 filled with health, happiness, and adventure!

We miss all of our family and friends overseas.  新年快乐!  Happy New Year!  Stay tuned for more adventures in 2015!